The major information for Volvo in the 2022 product calendar year are not able to be regarded as news supplied the brand’s very long-long lasting standing for basic safety. The Swedish model backed by a Chinese multinational gained 13 IIHS Top rated Security Pick+ awards, which many look at to be the most demanding protection recognition bestowed in the U.S. Each individual product tested gained the designation, joining Genesis and its 6 types as the only makes with the basic safety accolade on just about every car it sells.
In addition to upholding its reputation for security, Volvo carries on to honor its pledge to electrify the whole lineup. Volvo enters the 2022 product 12 months with a plug-in hybrid or electric powered variant on all designs except in its wagon relatives, which characteristic 48-volt delicate-hybrid technological innovation. PHEV and BEV models are distinguished by the Recharge name. By 2030, Volvo programs to turn into totally electrical and stop improvement and sales of new automobiles driven by inner combustion engines.
This iteration of Volvo cars and trucks can be viewed as a bridge technology to the following period of automotive, but it won’t be able to be ignored. As an alternative, it really is important for Volvo to get it right and usher customers from a reliance on engines to a trust in electrification, in its quite a few iterations.
Here’s a glimpse at what’s new for Volvo, past its superlative protection rankings.
– Volvo’s very first electric automobile bought only as a BEV and devoid of a gasoline-run counterpart.
– Centered on the XC40 Recharge and identical to the Polestar 2, the C40 Recharge hatchback makes use of a 78-kwh lithium ion battery pack and a motor on possibly axle that merge to make 402 hp and 486 lb-ft of torque.
– Volvo prices a an EPA-believed variety of 225 miles, and a -60 mph time of 4.5 seconds.
– On a 150-kw DC rapidly charger the C40 Recharge need to be equipped to recharge from 10% to 80% in 37 minutes.
– Common characteristics incorporate a 9.-inch touchscreen operating Google’s functioning procedure, a warmth pump, Harman Kardon audio, and heated seats front and rear.
– Starts off just beneath $60,000.
2022 Volvo XC60
2022 Volvo XC60
– 5-seat crossover SUV attributes an up to date exterior and an interior with a 12.3-inch touchscreen running on an Android-primarily based (Google) working process.
– All XC60’s feature 48-volt delicate-hybrid technological know-how that outlets regenerative braking energy.
– XC60 Recharge plug-in hybrid attributes a more substantial battery pack, from 11.6 kwh to 18.7 kwh electric driving assortment improves from 19 to 32 miles more rapidly acceleration is complemented by one-pedal driving, which is scarce for a PHEV.
– XC60 Recharge characteristics a turbocharged and supercharged inline-4 gas motor and substantial motor on the rear axle that combine to make 455 hp and 523 lb-ft (up from 400 hp and 472 lb-ft on the 2021 model).
2022 Volvo XC40
– XC40 Recharge electrical crossover boosts range from 208 to 223 miles, and sporting activities an efficiency score of 85 MPGe rather of 79 MPGe on the 2021 model.
– XC40 Recharge features a 75-kwh battery pack and dual-motor all-wheel drive, as very well as the Android running process and a normal encompass-watch camera system.
– The T4 and T5 2.-liter turbo-4 gas models continue being the same.
2022 Volvo S60
– Mid-measurement sedan gets gentle-hybrid tech to enhance gasoline economy to 28 mpg merged with AWD.
– Volvo dropped the foundation turbo-4.
2022 Volvo S90
– Total-dimension sedan receives the identical therapy as the S60.
2022 Volvo V60 and V60 Cross Country wagons
2022 Volvo V90 and V90 Cross Country wagons
2022 Volvo XC90
– A few-row SUV is thanks for a redesign, very likely for 2023.